MailScanner is an open source anti-virus and anti-spam filter for email servers. The anti-virus and anti-spam portion is delegated to third party applications. This article describes how to install MailScanner.
The installation requires some packages found in RPMforge so make sure it is available in your system. Learn how to add the RPMforge repository.
1. Click the globe icon at the top near the System menu to launch the Firefox web browser.
If an error occurs, you probably did not install the Graphical Internet package. You can add it now using the Package Manager tool.
2. In the address box, type in http://www.mailscanner.info/downloads.html and press Enter. Download the stable version for RedHat, Fedora and Mandrake Linux.
1. The MailScanner source code should now be on your desktop. Right click the newly downloaded file and click Extract Here.
2. After extracting, a MailScanner folder should be found on your Desktop. Right click the MailScanner folder and click Open in Terminal.
3. In the terminal window, type in all the command below (in one line) to install the required Perl modules from the RPMforge repository.
yum install perl-Archive-Zip perl-DBD-SQLite perl-Filesys-Df perl-Net-CIDR perl-OLE-Storage_Lite perl-Sys-Hostname-Long
4. Finally, type in the command below to install MailScanner.
yum localinstall --nogpgcheck