To install Clam AntiVirus (ClamAV), we are going to use the precompiled binaries from the RPMforge repository. Learn how to add the RPMforge repository.
Installing Clam AntiVirus
If you prefer not to use the GUI tool below, you can also install the Clam AntiVirus by typing in yum install clamd in a Terminal window.
2. Click the Search tab. Next type in clamd and click the Search button.
3. Select the latest version of clamd then click Apply. Next click on Continue until it proceeds with the installation.
4. After installation, click Ok. You now have successfully installed Clam Antivirus.
5. Start the clamd service. Learn how to stop and start services here.
6. To test ClamAV AntiVirus, type in the command clamscan in a terminal window.
7. To update the virus database, type in the command freshclam in a terminal window.